Subject: Re: Lightspeed Contest Compilation Video
From: Manuel Coats <[email-masked]>
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Apr 1996 16:01:27 -0700

Bonfire wrote:
> 
> At 10:27 PM 4/18/96 -0700, you wrote:
> >
> >
> >On Thu, 18 Apr 1996, Lightwave Mailing list wrote:
> >
> >> > It should be ready to ship in late May or early June.  Hey!  That's 4 to
> >> > 6 weeks!!  =)
> >>
> >> How much do you think it would be ? Looking for a good price for UK
> >> peeps like myself. (PAL VHS)
> >
> >As far as I know, the Lightspeed Animation Contest compilation video will
> >be selling for $24.95...add another $5.00 for a PAL version and a few more
> >dollars for shipping.
> >
> >>From what I'm hearing, this tape is going to be pretty damn awesome...I
> >can't wait for the judging process to begin!!
> 
> When does the judging start?

The deadline for the 1996 Lightspeed Animation Contest has been 
extended to May 3rd to give readers of VTU an extra 2 weeks due 
to the April issue of VTU (which contained the contest ad in it) 
being 3 weeks late.  We have received quite a few animations, 
some from the more well known animators and other great 
animations by people I have never heard of.  It will be a good 
contest and Newtek wants to use some of the animations in their 
next demo reel.  They will of course need to get permission from 
the people who's animations they want to use.  The judging 
process will happen sometime around the middle of May.  The 
actual release date of the video will more than likely be late 
June or early July.  About 1/3 of the animation we received did 
not come with release forms (which can be obtained from 
http://www.webcom.com/lghtspd ) so we'll need to get all of those 
before we can use the segments on the video.

There is still time to get those animations in.  There's 15 
separate prize categories to be won with some awesome prizes!  
Check out our web page at the above address for a listing of 
prizes.  Enjoy.

MC
LIGHTSPEED